I am by no means even nearly a good reader/reviewer (as evident by my recent startup reading attempt and its resulting demise), even if I’ve developed an amateur system. But everyone is entitled to his/her non-aggressive opinions, and my book reviews aren’t usually very aggressive-bordering-on-dangerous, so I feel legitimate enough to post them.
First off, this is still a work-in-progress. Amateur, I know.
Thirdly (Secondly, is passed over. Just because I wanted to), my rating system is out of 5 stars. Below are attempts to catalogue which stars mean what, but I usually go with my gut when giving out stars (which makes everything below rather obsolete, but I just can’t say no to my instincts).
- For good plot or storyline
- For dynamic, rounded, memorable character(s)
- For amazing lessons/philosophy/values
- For exceptional writing
- For the je-ne-sais-quoi, the WOW-factor, that star-quality
- For fascinating, novel facts
- For professional, objective presentation of those facts
- For engaging delivery of those facts
- For passion that shines through the pages
- For changing my entire life view