One year in London. Let’s see how many of these I can do.
- Visit all the bookshops on my Bookworm Guide to the World – London portion.
Attend a West End show.
- Ride the Eye.
Cruise down the Thames.
- Catch something at the Globe.
Eat fish and chips. Visit Platform 9 and 3/4 at King’s Cross. Check out Abbey Road.
- Go to Highgate Cemetery and look for Karl Marx.
- Witness Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace.
Witness Mounting the Guard at Horse Guard Parade.
- Visit the top 10 most haunted places in London: (1) Tower of London, (the Wakefield Tower, the Salt Tower, Lady Jane Grey, the Bloody Tower, Anne Boleyn). (2) The Bank of England Ghost. (3) Red Lion Square – Cromwell, Ireton & Bradshaw. (4) Oliver Cromwell. (5) Hampstead Heath – Highwayman. (6) Spaniard’s Inn, Hampstead. (7) Nell Gwynne. (8) Lady in Red – St. James’s Park, (9) Theatre Royal, Haymarket. (10) The Queen’s House, Greenwich
- Take the Jack The Ripper Tour.
- Scale the O2.
Eat curry at Brick Lane.
- Visit all the major outdoor markets, starting with Borough Market. (
Borough, Portobello, Exmouth, London Fields, Brixton, Brick Lane, Camden, Columbia Road Flower, Maltby, Spitalfields)
- Watch a trial at the Old Bailey.
- Dine at Dans Le Noir.
- See ballet at the Royal Opera House.
Do a Museum Day that includes V&A and Natural History Museum.
- Attend a formal (black or white tie) ball (or a themed party).
- Pub crawl.
Hit up the parks (and gardens with picnics for bonus!): Hyde, Regent’s, Kew Gardens, Richmond, Victoria, Holland, Greenwich, Hampstead Heath, Primrose, Kensington Gardens Take part in a huge sports event. See the Tower Bridge raised. Experience the Notting Hill Carnival. Visit Hogwarts at Warner Brothers.